Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Big Ol' Catch Up

Once again I'm catching up, this is pretty much entirely down to me being hit by the CBA's when I'm all chilled out after my dinner and not being bothered to get a blog up. Which is a tad naughty! So once again, I'll have to whizz through a few days to get you all up to date!

On Friday I started the day very productively as I woke up first and decided to play with my new app before Hague woke up - and so unicorned lots of things before I got out of bed.

Once Hague was awake, we breakfasted...

...and then got ourselves into town to meet up with Mr H, a work friend who deserted me for pastures new a couple of years ago. It was lovely to have a catch up over coffee, and as is the norm for me in Costa I had me a gingerbread skinny latte. When Mr H headed back to work we had a mosey around town before heading back home and feeding ourselves again, as we were both pretty hungry it was a quick meal all round.

Hague then went to boxing skills whilst I relaxed and then we both went and got a few bits of shopping, as we didn't need huge amounts. Next stop was dinner, and I had stuffed sweet potatoes again, once again stuffed with mushrooms, leeks and blue cheese triangles.

It was followed up with dessert.

And then more snackage as I seemed to develop worms...

In my defence we were up quite late! Rather than numb your brains with four food diaries, I'll just post the photos of my food! This blog will be long enough as it is after all!

Saturday didn't start too early, but early enough for Hague to get to his kickboxing class, and so I got some breakfast down me before dropping Hague off and heading into town.

Breakfast was rather nice, a banana, my HeB of maple figs and toasted couscous with yogurt. My wander around town was rather fruitful, with one of the charity shops having a half price sale and so I picked up a rather lovely Next jacket (in a size 14!!) for the princely sum of £2.

I then decided to continue my search for new jeans and went to New Look, where a pair of sz16's fitted me perfectly on the waist but were a tad tight on the legs...I'm cursed with rather chunky legs and have always had this problem, and the weight is stubbornly staying there at the moment too...so I didn't splash out £23 on jeans I wasn't totally sure about, and waited out the time until Hague was done enjoying a coffee in the sunshine.

It really was a lovely day, and despite me still feeling a bit anxious when I'm out and about I enjoyed just watching the world go by for a wee while. Then it was time to pick up Hague and get ourselves fed once more, and in a shock move we had the same lunch for the second day running!

Cheese and bacon burgers with chips and salad, one Quorn turk'y and one Asda meat free :) Lush they were too!

The worms were still in full force though, and a couple of hours later I fancied a snack.

It's the only way to eat cold beans you know :) I then decided I had itchy feet and so we headed out for me to look for a lampshade for my bedside lamp, which involved us visiting PoundStretcher (all hideous), TKMaxx (all too expensive, and no coffee syrup to boot), Sports Direct (just because we have to) and Tesco (no lampshades), where we ended up buying food instead! Little and often is definitely our shopping mantra for this week. We managed to be out for about an hour and a half, and so I was of course hungry again when I got back home.

Lovely quick pasta, with mushrooms and spinach and topped with cheese, followed by dessert.

 I did have a bit of (another) NSV on Saturday too. A pair of No Fear shorts that we bought way back before our holiday in Cyprus in 2011 - when we looked a bit like this - 

 They were a 2XL and so we picked them up just presuming they would fit, we got home and both tried them on...they were bloody tiny and neither of us were close to getting into them. So into the box of clothes they went, to be forgotten about until Hague reached target and they once more came back into rotation. Well, on Saturday I was rooting around for some shorts, and spotted them, and Hague suggested I give them a go....

 On they went, quite comfortably too! Huge NSV there, and it did cheer me up :o) Onto Sunday then, when Hague set his alarm for stupid o'clock to go to KickBoxing whilst I got me some more ZZZZ's. He didn't get home until close to 1pm, by which time I really should have been out of bed. But wasn't. He regaled me with tales of the running he had to do for his cardio session, and whilst this really should have horrified me, it just made me want to get out for a run too! So off I went, in my NSV shorts, to do a week 2 run of the Couch to 5K programme as I'd completed the week 1 run so easily last time. I breezed through week 2 as well, but was more than ready for my breakfast/brunch/dinner type meal by the time I got in.

Toasted couscous once more, this time with a banana, plum, my HeB of vanilla prunes and yogurt, all topped with a NutriGrain breakfast biccie for 2½ syns. After such an active morning for both of us, the rest of Sunday was decidedly relaxed, with many Superman films interspersed by food. Lots of food to feed the worms that had once more descended upon me!

Even after a huge roast dinner, mushrooms soup and the snacks I still managed to put away two Danio yogurts to get my syns up to a mighty 15 for the day! We were reasonably early to bed as well as Monday was the day that our back yard would once more be a private rather than a public space!

So bright and early, at 8.30, the alarm went off. We were anything but bright eyed and bushy tailed, but we got our jobs done - clearing the yard, and moving the car - and settled down to wait for my Brother in Law to arrive and fix us a new gate. Two coffees and an hour later he arrived, and I occupied myself with Homes Under The Hammer, viewed via iMessage with TOK, whilst he got busy and Hague did some of the neverending washing this exercise thing seems to produce. After TOK and myself had berated the development efforts of the telly people, I had to move from the sofa to get myself ready as it was another girlie lunch, this time with ALL the family girlies as my Nan is up at the moment and my Nieces are on halfterm, and so four generations of us sat down to eat. 

Now, normally, as you all know, on a girlie lunch, I'll have an off plan meal, and just get back on plan later, however, I STILL weigh 1lb more than I did before Christmas, and to be quite honest that is starting to get right on my bloody nerves, and so I went for a far more Slimming World friendly approach today. When I booked the table I had talked about what was on the menu for veggies - a thai curry or risotto - and what they could do for me instead that I could fit into the plan, and we came to the decision that an egg salad was the way to go (rather than fish or a chicken salad....). I stuck to my guns at the restaurant, not having a starter - yes, I resisted a baked field mushroom with goats cheese and red onion marmalade, and breads and olive oil - or dessert - brownie, raspberry bakewell tart and orange pudding cake (drooooools). I had this, and it was delicious. I even brought some of the Kraft fat free dressing with me to have on top :o)

I genuinely thoroughly enjoyed it, the eggs were perfectly cooked and the salad was gorgeous. I really hope I get a loss tomorrow or I might have a sulk on behalf of those refused puddings ;o)

By the time I got home - via Tesco again - I had a new gate! Which I really should have taken a photo of to share with you, so now our yard is ours again, and we can keep it locked and everything. Fantastic. I then settled myself on the sofa with my version of dessert.

Whilst Hague watched Superman save the world for the 4th time in 2 days, I whiled away the time putting the world to rights with TOK via text before deciding that I needed to do something...so I headed for the crosstrainer, only to break it within 5 minutes and so I resorted to the airwalker. With a 30 minute workout done and dusted my mind turned to food for a change, and as I'd picked up a reduced bean casserole mix in Tesco I figured a bean and sausage casserole would do the trick.

All I did was put the bean casserole mix in an ovenproof dish along with some chopped tomatoes, rosemary and red onion sausages, half a tin of beans and some mixed herbs and let it do it's thing for about 45 minutes. For some reason I fancied it with couscous, just soaked with some mixed herbs and some cherry tomatoes chopped in. It was rather lovely and I have some leftovers too. With the afternoon and early evening disappearing in a mist of TV watching, TOK nattering, Jadey cuddling and Hague snuggling the next exciting thing to happen was my third meal. Can I call it dinner? Does that mean my egg salad was breakfast? Oh well, it was burgers anyway, with a slightly more superfree friendly version of chips.

I splashed out 9 delicious syns on the meal, 3 for the extra 30g of bread, 2 for the extra slice of cheese, 2 for the burgers and another 2 on the ketchup and mustard...worth every single syn in my opinion! I followed it up with a simple dessert before heading up for a bath, with another gingerbread tea.

After a nice soak, it was time for my daily Danio and a cup of milky Chai tea with the last of my HeA before I got my lazy fingers on the keyboard and typed up this mammoth blog for you all!

Food Diary (Sunday)

Free Food
new potatoes
cherry tomatoes
Tesco bean casserole mix (beans, carrots, onions)
tinned tomatoes
baked beans
pickled onions
frozen mixed fruits

Healthy Extras
A - 350ml skimmed milk
A - 3 Asda lighter cheese slices
B - 2 Alpen Lights
B - 60g wholemeal bread

30g wholemeal bread                   3
Asda lighter cheese slice               2
1tbsp ketchup                              1
1tbsp mustard                              1
4 Asda meat free burgers             2
Liberte honey yogurt                    1½
Danio blueberry                           3

Total syns                                    13½

Bit of a whirlwind through the last four days there. Definitely some high points to focus on, and my mood is also clearly improving, with my low moods diminishing. Something I'm putting down to my anti-depressants kicking back in, and my efforts at getting myself out and about as often as possible. I'm still feeling anxious at times, especially when I'm out, and the most worrying issue for me is the confusion. I have the memory of a goldfish at the best of times, but at the moment it's significantly worse. So much so that I'm forgetting in depth conversations a minute or too after having them, which leaves me quite upset. It's quite distressing to not recall a conversation so soon after having it, and makes me worry about going back to work and me forgetting something important. Things are getting better though, certainly mood wise, and tomorrow I'm seeing my GP, so will have a bit more of an idea on how she feels I'm doing, and what can be done about the anxiety and confusion. It's also weigh in, which I'm scared about. I've been feeling bloated this week, and a tad blocked up, which is very likely a side effect of the old happy pills, so I'm trying to prepare myself for yet another gain, which will upset me hugely, but as you can all see, I've been on plan, even varying up my meals and healthy extras in an effort to get back to the 11½st loss at the very least, but I'm not feeling hopeful. We shall see eh?

Oh, and just so I don't end on a grumpy note - today I spotted my old work shirt and tried it on. It was ridiculously big, and so I suggested that Hague tried to get into it with me...

Yep...it fitted us both :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment